HIPAA Basics for Human Resources replaces Essentials of HIPAA, HITECH & the Omnibus Rule for Human Resources and is part of the HIPAA Training suite for employees. This course provides information on the HIPAA and HITECH Rules and Regulations that impact every HR employee's job and responsibilities.
This course explains the basic concepts of HIPAA/HITECH and shows HR and administrative staff how to apply HIPAA/HITECH rules and regulations during their daily activities and interactions with employers, employees, and business associates. Learners gain an understanding of policies and procedures for keeping employee protected health information (PHI) secure. Strategies for staying in compliance are stressed.
The course also includes the changes brought about by the Omnibus Final Rule and offers an easily accessible glossary of regulatory terms.
- Meaning and basic concepts of the HIPAA and HITECH Acts
- How HIPAA, HITECH, and the Omnibus Rule affect organizations
- The meaning of PHI and “covered entities,” and how they form the basis of HIPAA applications
- How to ensure HIPAA compliance in the workplace
- The consequences of non-compliance
- How HIPAA, HITECH, and the Omnibus Rule interact with other federal laws
- How HIPAA, HITECH, and the Omnibus Rule affect common employer/employee personnel actions
Learners take a final assessment to demonstrate their mastery of course content.
Seat Time: 30 minutes
- Windows 7/ Windows 8/ Windows 10
- Processor: 1 GHz or higher
- Internet connection: Internet functionality requires dial-up or broadband Internet access
- Internet Explorer 6.0 or greater