This product contains all the ACPE requirements for CE credit: Bloodborne Pathogens in the Pharmacy v.8 – Course as well as its CE Mastery Exam and Evaluation. To receive educational credit, you must pass the CE Mastery Exam and complete the Course Evaluation.
This course will inform pharmacists and pharmacy technicians about bloodborne pathogens, how to prevent exposure to bloodborne pathogens, and procedures to follow in the event of a bloodborne pathogen exposure.
At the end of this program, the learner should be able to:
- Explain the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standard when dealing with bloodborne pathogens
- Explain the use and limitations of methods that will prevent or reduce exposure
- Recall exposure and post-exposure incident procedures
- Describe common bloodborne diseases, their symptoms, and how they are transmitted
- State the procedures for cleaning up infectious material
Course: 50 minutes
CE Mastery Exam: 10 minutes
Conduent Healthcare Knowledge Solutions, Inc. is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
ACPE UAN: 0296-0000-18-002-H05-P / 0296-0000-18-002-H05-T
Credit: 1.0 Contact Hour or 0.1 CEUs
Original Release Date: January 15, 2018
Expiration Date: January 15, 2021 – ABSOLUTELY NO CREDIT WILL BE GIVEN FOR EXAMINATIONS RECEIVED AFTER THIS DATE.
Target Audience: Pharmacists and Pharmacy Technicians
Activity Type: Knowledge-based
Credit Requirement: To receive continuing education credit for this activity, participants must review all course content in Bloodborne Pathogens in the Pharmacy v.7 (CE Available); pass the Bloodborne Pathogens in the Pharmacy v.7 (CE Exam) with a score of 80% or greater and complete the online evaluation. After passing the assessment, participants can claim credit and submit it directly to CPE Monitor.
Course Author: Stacy Norris, MSM-HAN,BSN, RN
Author Disclosure: Ms. Norris does not report any actual or potential conflicts of interest in relation to this continuing pharmacy education activity. Off-label use of medications will not be discussed during this presentation.
© 2018 Conduent Business Services, LLC. No part of this course may be duplicated without the express written permission of Conduent Business Services, LLC.
The Flash plug-in is required to view the course.
Requires Flash Player 8 or higher
- Windows XP/ Vista/ Windows 7
- Processor: 800 MHz or higher for Windows XP / 1 GHz or higher for Windows Vista or Windows 7
- Internet connection: Internet functionality requires dial-up or broadband Internet access
- Internet Explorer 6.0 or greater
Provider Contact Information: e-mail customer support at email@example.com or call M-F 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. EST 877-399-4925.
Policy on Privacy and Confidentiality: Conduent Healthcare Knowledge Solutions, Inc. maintains and respects privacy and confidentiality that relates to the CPE activities it provides on the Internet.
|Activity Number||Credit Amount||Accreditation Period|
|ACPE# 0296-0000-18-002-H05-P||0.1 CEUs||January 15, 2018 - January 15, 2021|
|ACPE# 0296-0000-18-002-H05-T||0.1 CEUs||January 15, 2018 - January 15, 2021|