This bundled course contains all the ACPE requirements for CE credit: the HIPAA Security Training for Pharmacy course, as well as its CE Exam and Evaluation.
HIPAA Security Training for Pharmacy is part of the HIPAA Training suite for employees. This course provides information on the HIPAA and HITECH Security rules and regulations that impact every pharmacy employee's job and responsibilities.
Pharmacy workforce members, particularly pharmacists and pharmacy technicians, will learn how to apply HIPAA/HITECH Security rules and regulations during their daily activities and interactions with customers. Employees gain a working knowledge of policies and procedures for keeping customer protected health information (PHI) secure.
The lessons in this course will cover:
- Basic HIPAA concepts and definitions
- Security issues
- Pharmacy administrative responsibilities and procedures
- Civil and criminal penalties for HIPAA violations
Special care is taken to explain how every pharmacy employee can safeguard customers’ PHI.
The course also includes the changes brought about by the Omnibus Final Rule and offers an easily accessible glossary of regulatory terms.
Learners take a final assessment to demonstrate their mastery of course content.
- Identify HIPAA, the HITECH Act and their basic concepts
- Characterize employee responsibilities in maintaining security
- Classify the pharmacy’s security responsibilities
- Specify when criminal or civil penalties or sanctions can be assessed
- Specify how the Omnibus Rule impacts the Enforcement and Security regulations of HIPAA and the HITECH Act
- Kevin Nicholson, R.Ph., J.D.
Vice President, Government Affairs and Public Policy. National Association of Chain Drug Stores
- Deepti Loharikar, J.D.
Director, Federal and State Public Policy, National Association of Chain Drug Stores
To earn 0.5 Contact Hour or 0.05 CEU of credit for HIPAA Security Training for Pharmacy, participants must complete the course materials, earn a score of 70% or better on its CE Exam, and complete the course evaluation. After passing the exam and completing the evaluation, you will then be able to claim your credit and submit it directly to CPE Monitor.
- Pharmacists: 0296-0000-16-004-H03-P
- Pharmacy Technicians: 0296-0000-16-004-H03-T
- 0.5 Contact Hour
- 0.05 CEUs
Release Date: April 15, 2016
Expiration Date: April 15, 2019 No credit will be given for examinations received after this date.
Fee: $24.95 (MSRP)
Activity Type: Knowledge-based
Target Audience: Pharmacists and pharmacy technicians
- Windows 7/ Windows 8/ Windows 10
- Processor: 1 GHz or higher
- Internet connection: Internet functionality requires dial-up or broadband Internet access
- Internet Explorer 6.0 or greater
- Flash Player 11.0 or greater
Provider Contact Information: For questions regarding the accreditation of this activity please email email@example.com.
Policy on Privacy and Confidentiality: Conduent Healthcare Knowledge Solutions, Inc. maintains and respects privacy and confidentiality that relates to the CPE activities it provides on the Internet.
|Activity Number||Credit Amount||Accreditation Period|
|ACPE# 0296-0000-16-004-H03-P||0.05 CEUs||April 15, 2016 - April 15, 2019|
|ACPE# 0296-0000-16-004-H03-T||0.05 CEUs||April 15, 2016 - April 15, 2019|