This bundled course contains all the ACPE requirements for CE credit: the HIPAA Training for Pharmacy course, as well as its CE Exam and Evaluation.
HIPAA Training for Pharmacy is part of the HIPAA Training suite for employees. This course provides information on the HIPAA and HITECH rules and regulations that impact every pharmacy employee's job and responsibilities.
Pharmacy workforce members, particularly pharmacists and pharmacy technicians, will learn how to apply HIPAA/HITECH rules and regulations during their daily activities and interactions with customers. Employees gain a working knowledge of policies and procedures for keeping customer protected health information (PHI) secure.
The lessons in this course will cover:
- Basic HIPAA concepts and definitions
- Methods for safeguarding PHI
- Customer rights in use of PHI
- Security issues
- Pharmacy administrative responsibilities and procedures
- Civil and criminal penalties for HIPAA violations
Special care is taken to explain how every pharmacy employee can safeguard customers’ PHI.
The course also includes the changes brought about by the Omnibus Final Rule and offers an easily accessible glossary of regulatory terms.
Learners take a final assessment to demonstrate their mastery of course content.
- Identify HIPAA and the HITECH Act and their basic concepts
- Specify how the Omnibus Rule modifies and expands the reach of HIPAA and the HITECH Act
- Characterize employee responsibilities in maintaining privacy and security
- Classify the pharmacy’s administrative role in handling protected health information and protecting customers’ rights
- Classify the pharmacy’s security responsibilities
- Specify when criminal or civil penalties or sanctions can be assessed
- Kevin Nicholson, R.Ph., J.D.
Vice President, Government Affairs and Public Policy. National Association of Chain Drug Stores
- Deepti Loharikar, J.D.
Director, Federal and State Public Policy, National Association of Chain Drug Stores
To receive educational credit, participants must also pass the HIPAA Training for Pharmacy (CE Exam) with a score of 70% or better and complete its online evaluation form. After passing the assessment, you can claim your credit and submit it directly to CPE Monitor.
- Pharmacists: 0296-0000-16-002-H03-P
- Pharmacy Technicians: 0296-0000-16-002-H03-T
- 1.0 Contact Hour
- 0.1 CEUs
Release Date: April 15, 2016
Expiration Date: April 15, 2019 No credit will be given for examinations received after this date.
Fee: $39.95 (MSRP)
Activity Type: Knowledge-based
Target Audience: Pharmacists and pharmacy technicians
- Windows 7/ Windows 8/ Windows 10
- Processor: 1 GHz or higher
- Internet connection: Internet functionality requires dial-up or broadband Internet access
- Internet Explorer 6.0 or greater
- Flash Player 11.0 or greater
Provider Contact Information: For questions regarding the accreditation of this activity please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Policy on Privacy and Confidentiality: Conduent Healthcare Knowledge Solutions, Inc. maintains and respects privacy and confidentiality that relates to the CPE activities it provides on the Internet.
|Activity Number||Credit Amount||Accreditation Period|
|ACPE# 0296-0000-16-002-H03-P||0.1 CEUs||April 15, 2016 - April 15, 2019|
|ACPE# 0296-0000-16-002-H03-T||0.1 CEUs||April 15, 2016 - April 15, 2019|