This bundled course contains all the ACPE requirements for CE credit: the Satisfying DEA Standards When Dispensing Controlled Substances course as well as its CE Mastery Exam and Evaluation.
This program provides pharmacists with the essential knowledge they need to avoid civil and criminal enforcement actions by the DEA. The program educates pharmacists on how to stay compliant with controlled substances laws and satisfy their responsibilities when faced with questionable written prescriptions. Pharmacists become familiar with the “sound professional judgment” they are required to exercise when filling prescriptions for controlled substances. They also learn to identify the types of red flags that indicate an illegitimate prescription, and review the tips and tools they can use to investigate and resolve questionable prescriptions. Security and recordkeeping requirements are also explained.
Pharmacists who complete the program will be able to:
- Describe their obligations regarding the dispensing of controlled substances
- Explain DEA’s “corresponding responsibility” rule and expectations of pharmacists
- Identify typical “red flags” that may indicate a prescription for controlled substances was not issued for a legitimate medical purpose
- Recognize situations requiring special attention
- Explain actions that can resolve red flags
- Locate and access tools and resources to help you satisfy your legal obligations
Conduent Healthcare Knowledge Solutions, Inc. is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
Target Audience: Pharmacists
Activity Type: Knowledge-based
Fee: $29.95 MSRP*
* This is the Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price
ACPE UAN: 0296-9999-17-016-H04-P
Credit: 1.0 contact hour (0.1 CEUs)
Release Date: December 10, 2017
Expiration Date: December 10, 2020
Instructions for Receiving CPE Credit
To receive 1.0 contact hour (0.1 CEUs) of continuing pharmacy education in all states that recognize the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as an approved provider, you must complete the course materials, pass the CE Mastery Exam with a score of 80% or better and completed its online evaluation. After passing the assessment, you can view and print your statement of credit online.
The Acrobat Reader is required to view many resources.
- Windows 7 / Windows 8 / Windows 10
- Processor: 1 GHz or higher
- Internet connection: Internet functionality requires dial-up or broadband Internet access
- Internet Explorer 6.0 or greater
Provider Contact Information: email customer support at email@example.com or call M-F, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. EST:
Policy on Privacy and Confidentiality: Conduent Healthcare Knowledge Solutions Inc. maintains and respects privacy and confidentiality that relates to the CPE activities it provides on the Internet.
|Activity Number||Credit Amount||Accreditation Period|
|ACPE# 0296-9999-17-016-H04-P||0.1 CEUs||December 10, 2017 - December 10, 2020|